Moving Coil and Low-Level Input Tranformers
- Moving coil and low-level type transformers are very much alike. With the nickel core they can only be used in low level applications. The winding impedance on both primary and secondary can be varied for matching applications.
- Silver wire windings are available at current market price.
- We cannot design a step-up or step-down matching transformer in DB. Transformer design uses impedance and voltage to explain design need.
- Shielding will be required in most cases with this type of low-level transformer. There are rules that must be adhered to before mounting them.
- We can supply these shielded containers if requested at extra cost.
|Primary Impedance Range||Secondary Impedance||Core Type||Price|
|3-75 ohms||20k to 50k Ohms||Nickel Moving coil||$135.00|
|75-600 ohms||10k to 50k Ohms||Nickel Input Step-Up||$135.00|
|10k ohms||10k to 50k Ohms||Nickel Hi Z Input||$135.00|
|600 ohms||600 Ohms||Nickel Line Isolation||$135.00|
Information needed for ordering the above types of transformers:
- Primary impedance
- Secondary impedance
- Voltage level applied
- Select one input and one output impedance (ie. 40 ohm to 20k ohm). Please note that the wider ratios will result in poor performance (ie. 3 ohm to 50k ohm will not work).